Reader Demographic and Behavioral Details
The Overland Journal audience comprises a highly desirable demographic of adventurous and well-educated professionals with a higher than average disposable income and flexible schedule.
Overland Journal Readers
- Over 50% have a household income above $100,000.
- 64% represent the prized 25-44 year old audience group.
- 63% travel 20+ days each year, often 10-15 days at a time.
- Over 92% base their purchases on quality over price.
- 71% consider photography a major part of their travels.
- Over 90% prefer speciality gear and equipment.
- Over 81% have made some modification to their vehicle:
- 67% have aftermarket bumpers
- 59% have outfitted their vehicle with a recovery winch
- 67% use auxiliary lighting
- 74% have increased the size of their tires from stock
- 63% have equipped their vehicle with body protection
- 56% use a roof rack on their vehicle
- 40% have a 12v refrigerator/freezer in their vehicle
- 58% have some form of a navigation system in their vehicle
- 71% have modified their vehicles suspension from stock
- 24% have installed a water system into their vehicle
- 48% use a dual-battery system
Overland Journal readers incorporate a wide variety of outdoor activities into their adventures:
- 80% Hiking
- 57% Backpacking
- 46% Remote camping and backpacking away from their vehicle
- 45% Mountain Biking
- 30% Fly-fishing
- 23% Alpine Skiing
- 22% Mountain Climbing
- 22% Kayaking or Canoeing
- 22% Bird Watching
- 19% Geocaching
- 14% Wing Shooting
For additional information about advertising in Overland Journal, space reservations, materials requirements, or FTP information, please contact: Brian McVickers, Director of Advertising (602) 653-3784 .