Overland Expo is a one-of-a-kind educational and inspirational event for overlanders.
Sponsored by: Overland Journal, Sportsmobile, Four Wheel Campers, ARB-USA and Equipt Expedition Outfitters
Overland Expo is one of the world's most dynamic and largest events that educates and inspires people to get out and explore the world, by motorcycle and four-wheel-drive, whether 100 miles or 10,000 miles from home. Overland Journal is proud to be an original supporter of this event, first held in 2009.
Overland Expo features:
- -- 70+ different classes, workshops, and roundtable programs
- -- 100+ exhibitors ~ 4WD & adventure motorcycles, accessories, camping gear, & services
- -- Experts, authors, & videographers from around the world
- -- Music, food, film festival, & happy hours
- -- 1000s of overlanders from around the world ~ 30 US states, 4 Canadian provinces, 15 countries, 5 continents & a subcontinent
- -- Onsite & nearby camping for everyone
- -- Kids under 16 are free
Over 4,000 people will convene for three days near Flagstaff in northern Arizona to enjoy an expo of over 100 of North America's finest expedition vehicle and adventure motorcycle and accessory manufacturers; 70+ classes; on-site camping; and evenings filled with sharing adventures around a fire or at one of the venue bars and restaurants.
The world's top overland experts will be on-hand to teach classes, give inspiration talks, and share their knowledge. Land Rover and BMW / RawHyde Adventures will return with even more exciting programs for attendees. Land Rover will build their on-site training course that will be staffed by the world's best overland instructors and open all day to Overland Experience registrants for custom-tailored instruction. Day pass visitors can also sign up for a test drive in one of our vehicles. BMW / RawHyde Adventures will teach adventure motorcyclying, and also offer test rides on their motorcycles.
New for 2012 will be a dynamic Overland Skills area, where students can learn anything from winching to ropework to building bridges.
The roster of 2012 activities will be posted late in 2011. Some of the highlights from last year include:
- -- Chris Scott presenting “29 years of Sahara exploration” and debuting his Overlander's Handbook
- -- Seminar: “Reluctant overlanders” (getting your partner to go with you)
- -- Experts panel: Dealing with borders, checkpoints and bribes
- -- Class: Ara Gureghian presents one-pan cooking and provisioning without a fridge
- -- The Overland Expo Training Team is headed up by Land Rover Training, BMW Academy and Rawhyde Adventures for 2011, working with the world's leading overland instructors from Camel Trophy US and UK teams, Barbour All-Terrain, Overland Experts, Overland Training, Sweet Otter, Remote Medical, Pangaea Expeditions, Viking Off-Road, and Adventure Trailers
For details and to purchase tickets, visit overlandexpo.com
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
For more information and to register, visit overlandexpo.com